THERE was great musical camaraderie at Open No Mic at the Lion Brewery, Ash, on Sunday afternoon hosted by Mike Krabbers.
It’s an unplugged session where performers sit in the round and take turns to play a tune. It’s each third Sunday of the month in the Stable Bar. Non-players are always welcome to enjoy the music.
A similar style event takes place at Scratchers, Farncombe, hosted by Martin and Catherine on various Wednesday evenings.
Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any gigs Herald readers might like as I am sure there are many I am unaware of and live music always needs support.
The Square Brewery, Petersfield, has three consecutive nights of music coming up starting with Sarah Saville tomorrow night, then Black Cherry Jam on Saturday with Cool Fire playing on Sunday evening.
Sunday is also Mother’s Day and I am delighted my Vic Cracknell Swing Band will be playing well-known swing, rock’n’roll and Latin classics at The Mill, Haslemere.
We start at 5pm and there will be room for dancing. Bookings can be made on 01428 643183 (https://butcombe.com/the-mill-surrey/)
Jazz At The Ivy Room is back at Bourne Club, Farnham, on Friday, April 1 with Pete Long (clarinet) and Anthony Kerr (vibes) joining the house trio for an evening of music by the legendary Benny Goodman.
The Haslemere Fringe Festival have announced the April line-up for the Haslemere Fringe Sessions, which promotes local emerging and original talent. Taking place at the Shottermill Club on Saturday, April 2, it will include performances by three live bands followed by a DJ set. The April line-up includes 18-year-old singer-songwriter Hollie Hunt, popular Indie rock band Armstrong and finally Tom Baird, a talented musician and singer-songwriter I have known for some time from my Vic’s Buskers open mic nights.
Tickets are £5 (£3 for club members). Tickets for the 2022 Haslemere Fringe Festival are also for sale at www.haslemerefringe.co.uk
Petersfield’s Shine Radio features local acts each Thursday from 9pm on Mandy P’s show (www.shineradio.uk)
Brian Player continues his folk, roots and acoustic music show each Tuesday at 8pm on Wey Valley Radio based in Alton (101.1FM or online at www.weyvalley.uk)
Gig guide – March 24 to 30 (free entry and 8pm unless stated)
- Lunchtime Jazz at Farnham Maltings (1pm) £8
- Connor McDevitt at The Mulberry, Farnham
- Open Mic at The Good Intent, Petersfield
- Piano Players at The Wheatsheaf, Farnham
- Sarah Saville at the Square Brewery, Petersfield
- Bad Weather at The Plough, Farnham
- Black Cherry Jam at the Square Brewery, Petersfield
- Cool Fire at the Square Brewery, Petersfield (7pm)
- Jake AD at The Mulberry, Farnham
- Jazz Jam at the Stepping Stones, West Humble
- Acoustic Café at Rose and Crown, Sandhurst
- Vic’s Open Mic at The Plough, Farnham
- Unplug The Wood at the Lion Brewery, Ash
- Julie’s Open Mic at Village Inn, Sandhurst
- Jam Night at The Plough, Farnham
- GT Live Sessions at The Britannia, Guildford
Send listings and any events or new music releases you would like me to feature to [email protected] A good photo is also useful.