THERE is a lot going on in and around Farnham this Easter, so if you’re stuck on what to do, look no further.
* Bloomin’ Kids’ Workshop: Tuesday, April 10 and Thursday, April 12, from 10am-4pm at Farnham Town Council’s West Street greenhouses.
These free Bloomin’ Kids Gardening Workshops are offering lots of green fingered fun to children aged six years and over.
The two sessions, held from 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm, will allow aspiring gardeners the chance to take part in a number of seasonal activities while learning exciting facts and practical skills.
* A Twist in the Tale: Wednesday, April 4 and Thursday, April 5, between 10.30am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-3.30pm at the Museum of Farnham.
Head over to the Museum of Farnham this Easter and join in ‘A Twist in the Tale’.
These fun-filled sessions will be full of craft activites inspired by popular children’s books and each session costs £3 per child.
* Birdworld’s Easter Egg Hunt Trail: Friday, March 30 to Sunday, April 15 from 10am-5pm.
Visitors can explore the 26-acre park to try and spot 50 ‘eggstra’ special eggs hidden by Birdworld’s mascot, Percy Penguin.
After completing the trail, entries will be placed into different draws for the chance to win some great prizes.
There will also be themed information boards around the park with a whole host of ‘eggcellent’ facts to learn about beautiful eggs from birds around the world.
* Easter planting event at Squire’s Garden Centres: Weekdays from Tuesday, April 3 until Friday, April 13 between 10am-3.30pm.
Children will be shown how to add compost and spring plants to their choice of a cowboy, pirate or princess bug planter (£6), which they can then take home to look after.
They can also take part in a Spring Hunt (£2) around the garden centre to find clues that will help them spell out a special word - once completed they’ll receive a big slice of gourmet chocolate pizza.
* Tree Top Easter Egg Hunt at Go Ape.
Go Ape is encouraging customers to harness up over the Easter holiday and take part in their Tree Top Easter Egg Hunt.
While customers are tackling the obstacles up in the canopy, they’ll need to keep their eyes peeled for hidden eggs along the course.
Once back on the ground, head to the cabin to be in with the chance of winning tickets to some of Go Ape’s partner attractions.
A small donation is required and everything raised will go to our 2018 charity, Challengers.
For more information and to pre-book online, go to Goape.co.uk.
* Plant sale at Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice: Easter Sunday (April 1) from 10am-1pm at the hospice in Farnham.
The hospice has a wide variety of plants on sale at low prices, so if you want to brighten up your garden after those dull winter months, then this is the place to visit.
Whether you want to spruce up your whole garden, a few patio pots or just a window box, there’s sure to be something for you as there are often hundreds of plants available to buy on the day.
Simply choose your favourites and take them to the hospice reception to pay.