Frensham third team openers Alex Warren (104) and Tom Evans (139) put on 270 for the first wicket last Saturday (July 1) to set a new I’Anson League record.

Warren held the previous league record for his 269-run opening-wicket partnership with Peter Harrison in 2011.

Frensham scored 284 for two off 40 overs against Chiddingfold’s second team, but the visitors then scored 202 for six to earn a draw in the Division Four match.

Tilford won by seven wickets at Puttenham & Wanborough in Division One of the I’Anson League on Saturday to record their sixth win of the season.

Tilford skipper George Ellis won the toss and put the home side in to bat, and after a few quiet overs Huw Town-Jones removed both openers with 26 on the board. Bowling changes brought on a flurry of wickets with Dan Wrenn, Nigel Martyn and Mike Branns taking two each. Town-Jones came back to claim four for 22, reaching the milestone of 400 wickets in Division One league matches.

Puttenham were all out for 83 in the 30th over.

Tilford began their reply before the tea interval and quickly lost two wickets to the accurate captain Aks Ilyas and Sid Ahmed with just five on the board. But Andy Hall Hall and Ellis resumed after the break and added 49 before Hall Hall departed for 25.

Ellis made a rapid 40 not out, including two sixes despatched to the pavilion, and was supported by Henry Marks as a further 35 were added to see the visitors to an early finish at the end of the 18th over.

Headley’s first team entertained Farncombe’s first team, looking to get back on track from a disappointing loss the week before. Farncombe won the toss and elected to bat on a dry wicket with plenty of grass.

Devyn Scott (one for 26) dismissed Farncombe captain Ryan Luff (seven) early in the innings with a beauty, but fellow opening batter Sean Burton was scoring at a quick rate and hitting the ball nicely straight down the ground.

Headley sensed an opening when Matt Hall (two for 46) took another wicket to leave Farncombe 35 for two, but this brought Burton and Kudakwashe Kamoto together and the pair played expansively all around the ground as the Headley bowling came under pressure.

Drinks brought an immediate wicket as Burton holed out for a well-made 68 off Dominic Johnson, and when Kamoto (54) was well taken by keeper Callum Hawtin off Johnson (two for 44), a flurry of middle-order wickets got Headley back in the game.

Some lusty hitting and poor fielding towards the end of the innings propelled Farncombe to 220 for nine from 48 overs.

Headley’s innings got off to the worst possible start as Usama Abro was caught behind for a duck in the second over off pacy opening bowler Maxx Hodge (three for 36).

Dylan Harris joined Rana Rizwan and the pair found it difficult to score against a good Farncombe attack, who found a very testing length which caused plenty of problems.

When Harris (26) and Rizwan (29) fell in quick succession, Alex Wenban and Gavin Arend looked to steer Headley out of trouble – but both found it difficult on a pitch that had its fair share of demons, all while facing an attack that used the pitch well and bowled very testing spells.

Farncombe skipper Luff brought himself on and he found the outside edge of Wenban (11) before dispatching Hawtin (three) in quick time.

When Arend was dismissed for 20 by a misbehaving delivery, the Headley tail were exposed to try to survive the last few overs. With the field crowding around the bat regular wickets fell, and with ten balls remaining Luff (five for 16) took his fifth wicket to win the game with the hosts finishing 137 all out in the 41st over.

In Division Four, Headley’s second team travelled to Churt & Hindhead’s third team. Headley won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Andy Coutts (two for 35) opened the bowling with a tidy spell, but Greg Talbot hit a thunderous 64 runs, smashing boundaries at will before being caught in the deep by Algie Trotman off Ben Homewood’s bowling (two for 19).

Skipper Patrick Stephens (four for 19) also chipped in as Churt & Hindhead scored 195 for nine off 43 overs.

Headley had 37 overs to chase the target, but they started poorly and were 32 for two after ten overs.

Opener George King played a patient innings, seeing off a strong opening bowling attack and capitalising where possible to make 64 before being caught a few yards short of the boundary rope.

He shared a 104-run third-wicket partnership with Anthony Gentle, who scored 74 not out. Headley achieved the winning draw, closing on 188 for four from 37 overs.