Tilford achieved a winning draw against Grayshott at Lord Wandsworth College in Hook after the storms had passed – allowing for the I’Anson Division One match to start on time.

Grayshott skipper Ali Wheble won the toss and put Tilford into bat on a damp wicket, giving encouragement to the opening bowlers.

Matt Swarbrick was forced to retire with a damaged finger and Mark Ramesar fell early on. Ciaran Rooney made a composed 25 before edging to slip as the score reached 50.

Henry Marks then joined his captain George Ellis and together they put on 122 – the highest partnership of the day – before Ellis holed out to the deep for 78. Marks followed soon afterwards for 54 with the total on 172. Quick wickets followed before the innings was declared on 205 for eight at the end of the 47th over, leaving Grayshott 43 overs.

David Amato was the most successful bowler, taking four for 26 in seven overs.

The Grayshott openers were both out with 14 on the board, but Steve Soal and Lucas Henderson repaired the damage with a stand of 68 and were up with the required rate before both batters were caught by Marks – with Soal departing for a fine 59. Rooney took two quick wickets, and at 120 for six Tilford sensed victory.

Matchi Sachkonye hit out in the latter stages for a rapid 45 not out, and was aided by Stuart Kennedy (15 not out) as the pair added an unbroken 64.

Grayshott nearly reached the winning draw target of 188, as the innings ended on 184 for six. Ellis finished with an economical one for 19 off his ten overs and Rooney took two for 23.

Headley’s first team went to high-flying Elstead desperately in need of points.

Having won the toss for only the second time this season, Headley skipper Dom Johnson elected to bowl and hoped the effects of the wet weather would prove beneficial to his bowling attack.

The pace trio of Devyn Scott (three for 13), Matty Hall (one for 19) and Jack Baldwin (two for 22) all bowled ten overs apiece and reaped the rewards of stump-to-stump bowling.

Johnson bowled a tidy ten overs of off breaks (two for 30) to leave the home side on 91 for eight after 40 overs.

Crutcher showed the only real defence as the other batters were out either bowled or leg before wicket to the accurate line bowling.

In the 41st over, Headley’s overseas player Alex Wenban bamboozled Crutcher (41) and Paddy Murphy in consecutive balls – snaring both leg before wicket to leave Elstead all out with the score on 91.

Needing only 92 to win, a bolstered Headley batting line-up were in confident mood – but Calvin Bandi was removed leg before wicket first ball by Keith Tilson (one for eight).

Usama Abro (five) fell shortly afterwards – leaving the Aussie pairing of Wenban and Dylan Harris to set about the chase.

The Antipodeans looked like they were back on the featherbeds of Fremantle, with delightful stroke play and excellent running bringing Headley to the brink of the win.

Wenban (40) was bowled around his legs by Bruce Forbes trying to manufacture the winning shot, but Harris (38 not out) took the visitors over the line in the 20th over to complete a comprehensive performance.

The win moved Headley off the bottom of the table.

In Division Four, Headley’s second team hosted Harting, with both teams looking to push for the promotion positions. Headley won the toss and elected to bowl.

Opening bowler Adam Joyce (two for two) had an exceptional opening spell, swinging the ball with aplomb through the air and removing Freddy Hughes-Stanton and Tom O’Kelly for ducks.

Harting opener Simon Kyte made a sturdy 36 before being bowled by evergreen Headley spinner Algie Trotman (two for 29), who bowled the final few overs with flight and guile as Harting looked to make a late push for much-needed runs.

After batting out the maximum 43 overs, Harting reached a total of 151 for five.

Headley had produced an impressive performance in the field, including an excellent high catch from debutant Joe Morton. Terry Wadey top scored with 51.

The home side began their chase in positive fashion, with Paul Kelly (35) and Hari Elsetti (51) scoring well. However, a middle-order collapse of three wickets for no runs damaged Headley’s chances of victory.

The pick of the Harting bowlers were Jake Hedicker (three for 20) and Pickett (four for 33).

Needing 130 to achieve the winning draw, savvy Trotman (three not out) and young Joyce (seven not out) managed to steer Headley to the required total in the final over of the game. The hosts finished their innings on 132 for eight at the end of their 37 overs.

Alton’s fourth team continued their good form with a superb 83-run victory at Fernhurst’s second team in Division Five of the I’Anson League.

Visiting skipper Martin Green elected to bat – hoping to control the game with the extra allocation of overs available in the first innings.

At 24 for six the thoughts were more about an early tea rather than victory.

James Vigar, Abdur Rahman and Sammy Valentine ripped through the visitors’ top order, making full use of the bowler-friendly conditions.

Jorja Wright and Rob Crook started the fightback by eating up some time and slowly rebuilding, before Abi Green took the attack to Fernhurst and smashed 13 off an over.

After a shot too many by Abi Green (14) and a good catch by Jon Meier to remove Steven Ball, it was down to skipper Martin Green (21) to support Crook (38 not out). The tenth-wicket partnership of 41 changed the flow of the game, with the hosts’ youngsters losing their composure.

The Brewers picked up a batting point and were bowled out for 125 – a competitive score albeit a little under par.

Alton’s bowlers were on fire after tea, and with every run being preciously protected the hosts were quickly behind the required rate. Ball (two for 12) removed Gourlay with a tremendous diving catch and followed this by enticing Benjamin Geddes to edge to Jon Wills. Wright (two for 19) picked up her own two-fer to expose the middle order.

With rain in the air and panic setting in among the home side, it was down to Nathan Vincent (four for nine) and Abi Green (two for one) to close out the game.

Green cleaned up Hamish Unwin before dismissing Alex Gikas caught and bowled. Vincent bowled the dangerous Rahman around his legs, enticed Vigar and Meier into false shots, and trapped Leo Homewood leg before wicket as Fernhurst were dismissed for 42.