England C cruised to a comfortable 2-0 victory against Nepal in an international friendly played at Aldershot Town’s EBB Stadium.

First-half goals from Nicke Kabamba and Callum Stead were enough to give England the victory in front of a crowd of 5,560.

Aldershot’s OIlie Harfield was named in the England C starting line-up, while fellow Shots Jack Barham, Tyler Frost and Olly Scott had to settle for a place on the bench.

England were quick out of the blocks and took the lead in the eighth minute. The goal was set up by Harfield, who delivered a delicious cross from the left for Kabamba to get across his man at the near post and emphatically head home into the left-hand corner of the net.

The second goal arrived just five minutes later. Nepal struggled to clear a corner, and visiting keeper Kiran Kumar Limbu’s punch fell to Stead who delicately lobbed his first-time volley over the stranded keeper and into the back of the net.

England C continued to attack as they looked for a third, with Nepal struggling to get out of their half.

Johnny Goddard tried his luck in the 23rd minute, but his shot was well saved by Kumar Limbu at his near post. Jack Payne was next to go close a minute later, but his 25-yard shot hit the side netting.

Toby Edser then called Kumar Limbu into action when his powerful left-foot shot was tipped over the bar by the Nepal keeper. England C continued to push for a third, and Harfield’s left-foot shot from just outside the box was comfortably held by Kumar Limbu.

The home side went close again in the 36th minute when Harfield’s corner picked out Goddard, but his flicked header went just over the bar. Kabamba had the next chance two minutes later, but his weak effort was straight at Kumar Limbu.

Nepal were receiving vociferous support from a large section of the crowd, but struggled to create much in the first half as they looked for a route back into the game.

England C made one change at half-time, with Elliot Justham replacing Nathan Ashmore between the sticks.

The home side were quick out of the blocks after half-time and nearly made it 3-0 in the 48th minute when Danny Collinge’s effort was cleared off the line.

Justham was called into action for the first time in the afternoon when he made a routine stop to save Sanjeeb Bista’s effort.

Goddard went close to making it 3-0 in the 59th minute when he cut in from the left and forced a good save from Kumar Limbu.

England C made a quadruple change on the hour mark, with Frost, Barham, Scott and Zico Asare all coming on.

Frost nearly made an immediate impact on his home ground, but his shot went just wide in the 62nd minute. Nepal went desperately close to pulling a goal back on 71 minutes when a header hit the crossbar. The visitors went close again in the 77th minute when Gillespye Jung Karki cut in from the left and curled his shot just wide of the far post.

England C comfortably saw out the rest of the match to run out deserved 2-0 winners.